Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Main Rock Lounge Grab a cold one and discuss anything and everything rock related. Latest news, reviews, polls & tournaments.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2016, 05:34 AM   #19
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $60237
Give Thanks: 463
Re: Steve Miller rips Rock and Roll Hall of Fame moments after his induction

Rock Hall TV Special May Not Include Steve Miller

Steve Miller continues to make headlines with his criticism of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the latest news revolves around his involvement with the HBO broadcast of this year's induction event.

In a lengthy interview with the San Diego Tribune Miller expressed his frustration with the contracts to be included in the broadcast of the highlights from induction ceremony and performances on April 30th.

While the paper states that Miller believes he will be included, he says that it is still being negotiated and had the following comments about the paperwork involved, "I spent part of today talking to my lawyer, and we're still negotiating.

"We're demanding they clean up their paper work - their paper work is just ridiculous! I wish I could send you a copy of the contract. When they tell you that you've been nominated, they don't give you any information. It's: 'We'll let you know how you do.' They are a day late and a dollar short.

"They're talking about (having you sign) releases and (them controlling) other people's art; it's as bad as any contract I've seen in 50 years. I've spent 3 months with them negotiating to clean it up and share it with everybody (else inducted this year). They pitted everybody against everybody else, and it's all unnecessary. God. I could straighten it all out in a day."

"Everything (in the contract) is hard to understand and murky, and they (the Rock Hall) have all theses rights and the artists don't have any, and you have to indemnify them. I don't do contracts like that, whether it's with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Kennedy Center, or anyone else." He had a lot more to say about the Rock Hall, including N.W.A. decision not to perform after they ran into difficulty with organizers of the event.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...ame-interview/
MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #20
butch
Classic Rocker

Give Thanks: 31

Does Steve think he is going to fix the BS money grab the RRHOF has always been? He's not - the hall exists for the contract writers, not the artists.
He shouldn't sign a thing and instead should walk away from it like a true rock n roller.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #21
MusicLover7
Classic Rocker

Gameroom cash: $60237
Give Thanks: 463

Steve Miller To Be Part Of HBO's Rock Hall Broadcast

(Radio.com) It appears Steve Miller will perform on the televised version of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. A recent press release from HBO lists Miller as performing 'Rock'n Me" and 'The Joker."

Miller's inclusion had been in some doubt, the rock legend has revealed in a recent interview that he is still quibbling with HBO over television rights and could prevent the network from airing his portion of the awards ceremony.
MusicLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote