Classic Rock Forums  

Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Gameroom [0] NFL Pick 'em Arcade
Go Back   Classic Rock Forums > Main Rock Lounge > Classic Rock in the News
Home Calendar Gallery FAQDonate

Classic Rock in the News This area finds "Classic Rock" in the news and posts the articles to the site.

Submit Tools Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Site Admin
Classic Rocker
Administrator

My Mood:

Give Thanks: 0
Paul McCartney Says John Lennon's Death Made Him a 'Martyr' - Ultimate Classic Rock

Ultimate Classic Rock

Paul McCartney Says John Lennon's Death Made Him a 'Martyr'
Ultimate Classic Rock
In a startling display of candor, Paul McCartney has admitted that the 1980 killing of John Lennon unfairly elevated his status within the Beatles. In a new interview, he discussed the difficulty he ?? and George Harrison and Ringo Starr ?? faced in ...

and more »

More...
Site Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
hodad

Gameroom cash: $28591
Give Thanks: 164
Re: Paul McCartney Says John Lennon's Death Made Him a 'Martyr' - Ultimate Classic Ro

Sour grapes. I'm sure Lennon would rather not have been a martyr too.
hodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #3
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $47422
Give Thanks: 67
Re: Paul McCartney Says John Lennon's Death Made Him a 'Martyr' - Ultimate Classic Ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodad View Post
Sour grapes. I'm sure Lennon would rather not have been a martyr too.
Yeah, there is no hiding the fact that I'm a big McCartney fan, but that is unseemly to say the least. At least Paul got to live and see his children grow up, get married and now he is grandpa. John got robbed of all of that.

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #4
KillerWolf
SonicWaveRider

Give Thanks: 4

Wow, McCartney is really trying to out fame Lennon in very spoiled and rotten manner. First MJ and Kanye and now all this too.

Paul has become a joke. He is ruining his own legacy with all this unnecessary nonsense.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #5
JET
Midway Up The Ceiling
Pacos adventure 3 Champion, Fluxball Champion, Win a Million 2 Champion, Penthouse Pool Champion, Movie Connection Champion, Stay The Distance Champion, Rail Rush Champion, Wheel Of Fortune Champion, Simon Champion, Kid Canyon Champion, Word Sailing Champion, Rock Shoot Champion, Zerpent Champion, Horse Jumping 3D Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, 3D Pacman Champion, Holdem Flash Poker Champion, Dart Challenge 501 Champion, Crazy Chess Champion, Cigarette Killer Champion, Wylie And Friends Champion, Candy Shooter 2 Champion

My Mood:

Gameroom cash: $47422
Give Thanks: 67

Buy MJ I'm guessing you mean Michael Jackson? I don't really mind the stuff he did with him, but the things he did with Kanye was complete crud, and now he sounds like a grumpy old man.

In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. - Job 12:10
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:02 AM   #6
KillerWolf
SonicWaveRider

Give Thanks: 4

He is acting rather bizarre in his old age. Almost implying that John went and got burtally murdered just to upstage him. You would think he could be a bit more grateful for the mega success he has enjoyed and not have to "blow up" with the kids of today by collaborating with that douche bag West. It reeks of trying to up stage Lennon after all these bitter rantings. I said It before but he is only tarnishing his own image not Johns. I'm hugely disappointed as a huge Beatles fan and a fan of alot of their individual solo work as well.

And yeah, MJ = Jackson.